SQL FineBuild makes it easy for anyone to produce a best-practice installation and configuration of SQL Server.
For experienced staff, FineBuild will simplify the automated deployment of a site standard
Gold Build. For inexperienced staff, it packages the expertise needed to install SQL Server complete with Service Packs, Cumulative Updates, and useful tools, all configured for optimum use.
FineBuild abstracts most of the differences in the operating system and the SQL Server version and edition, and will perform all operating system configuration tasks needed for SQL Server. This results in a similar experience when installing SQL Server 2005
Express on Windows XP through to installing SQL Server 2016 on a Windows 2016 Core cluster.
All this is designed to fulfil the FineBuild strapline of 1-click installation and best-practice configuration for SQL Server. SQL FineBuild supports automated silent installation of SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server
2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2005.
Download FineBuild and read SQL Server FineBuild QuickStart for details of setting up the install media and additional community content. Then do your first FineBuild!
There are six members of the FineBuild family:
- SQL2016 FineBuild to install SQL Server 2016
- SQL2014 FineBuild to install SQL Server 2014
- SQL2012 FineBuild to install SQL Server 2012
- SQL2008R2 FineBuild to install SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL2008 FineBuild to install SQL Server 2008
- SQL2005 FineBuild to install SQL Server 2005
All of these can be downloaded at
See the Documentation tab for more details of the FineBuild process. Full installation details are on the
SQL FineBuild is free, but please donate what you think FineBuild is worth as everything goes to charity.
Tearfund is one of the UK's leading disaster relief and community development charities. Click here to donate Donations to charity are tax deductible in many countries and count towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) targets.
One-click Install of SQL Server
- The standard builds include Service Pack, Cumulative Update hotfix, community tools, and best-practice configuration.
- The builds can be deployed manually or by a distribution tool such as Altiris.
- Each site can set Parameters to reflect site standards.
- Site-specific components can be included in the FineBuild process
FineBuild delivers 4 standard builds:
Copyright FineBuild Team © 2008 - 2016.
License and Acknowledgements