SQL Server FineBuild Introduction
provides 1-click install and best-practice configuration of SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2005.
Download FineBuild and read SQL Server FineBuild QuickStart
for details of setting up the install media and additional community content. Then do your first FineBuild!
There are four members of the FineBuild family:
- SQL2012FineBuild to install SQL Server 2012
- SQL2008R2FineBuild to install SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL2008FineBuild to install SQL Server 2008
- SQL2005FineBuild to install SQL Server 2005
All of these can be downloaded at FineBuild V3.1.0
See the Documentation
tab for more details of the FineBuild process.
Full installation details are on the Downloads
FineBuild is free, but please donate what you think FineBuild is worth as everything goes to charity. Tearfund is one of the UK's leading disaster relief and community development charities. Click here to donate
Donations to charity are tax deductable in many countries and count towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) targets.
One-click Install of SQL Server
- The standard builds include Service Pack, Cumulative Update hotfix, community tools, and best-practice configuration.
- The builds can be deployed manually or by a distribution tool such as Altiris.
- Each site can edit the Configuration File to reflect site standards.
- Site-specific components can be included in the FineBuild process
FineBuild delivers 4 standard builds:
- Main Instance Server Build - for multi-drive servers (clustered or non-clustered)
- Additional Named Instance Server Build - adds another SQL Server instance to a server
- Workstation Build - for single-drive desktop machines
- Client Tools Build - just the tools, to allow remote administration of SQL Server
Copyright © 2008 - 2012 Edward Vassie. License and AcknowledgementsTop