Install .Net 2.0
FineBuild can install and configure .Net 2.0 as part of the SQL Server install process.
This section applies to SQL Server 2005 installs only. SQL Server 2005 requires that .Net 2.0 is installed prior to starting the main SQL Server install.
FineBuild will always
Install .Net 3.5
if the install media is available, as this will avoid potential issues if you decide you need it at a later date. For further details please see
Install .Net 3.5
Install .Net 4.0
If the install media for .Net 3.5 is not available, then for some editions of SQL Server or versions of Windows the install media for .Net 2.0 must be downloaded, for others the install media is included. The table below shows when you must do a download.
||SQL Server Version
|Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7
|Windows 2008 or below
If you need to do a download, then choose the correct process for your operating system.:
Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7
Windows 2008 or below
Download for Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7
If you are installing on Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7, FineBuild will always install both .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5 using the media included with Windows. No download is needed.
Download for Windows 2008 or below
This covers Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista and Windows 2008
1) Obtain a copy of any SQL Server 2005 server edition media. This can be the free Evaluation Edition media.
2) Copy the following folder containing the .Net 2.0 media
FineBuild .Net 2.0 Install
Automated installation of .Net 2.0 is performed by Process Id 2AE
. It will be run automatically if you are installing SQL 2005, unless you have asked for a more recent version of .Net to be installed.
Manual .Net 2.0 Install
The following steps show what you would have to do to install .Net 2.0 manually. FineBuild does all of this work for you automatically.
1) Navigate to the install media and double-click on the following file:
|SQL 2005 Express Edition 32-bit
|SQL 2005 Express Edition 64-bit
|SQL 2005 Server editions 32-bit
|SQL 2005 Server editions 64-bit
2) If the .Net framework needs to be installed or upgraded the following window is displayed. Click
3) The following message may be displayed:
4) Accept the End User License Agreement, and then click Install
5) The Download and Install Progress window is displayed. All components are included in the install media, so nothing is downloaded.
6) The Setup Complete window is displayed when the .Net upgrade is complete. Click
Copyright © 2011 - 2012 Edward Vassie.
License and Acknowledgements