This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Install media and FineBuild scripts

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Hi Ed,

Great work! A quick question- Can I separate out the install media, Fine Build scripts and Additional Components? Can install media location be parametrized.

Regards

Ajith

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi Ajith,

At the moment the install media has to be set up as described in the documentation.  However, your idea of parameterising the locations of the MS SQL media and the Additional Components folder is a good one that is easy to do.  I will add this to the Denali version of FineBuild that I am currently working on.

Coordinator
May 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Hi Ajith,

FineBuild V2.2.0 Beta now has the ability to separate out the install media.  It should work for all the version of FineBuild available in the Beta.

May 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick turnaround. I am at present trying out some new installation. I will try and test it will let U know how it goes.

Thanks

Ajith

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Hi Ajith,

FineBuild v3.0.0 documents a new way to set up the install media that exploits the parameters you asked for.  One of the impacts is that it is now possible to get the Microsoft install media direct from the DVD drive.  Thanks for making your suggestion, I think it has helped improve FineBuild.