This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multi-server administration

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I have used the Fine Build product to deploy a SQL SERVER 2012 instance on a Windows Server 2012R2 virtual machine. When I attempt to configure Multi server administration I get the following error:

Enlist TSX Progress
  • Make sure the Agent service for 'fl-tpa-rpt-XX' is running (Success)
    • The service 'SQLSERVERAGENT' is running.
  • Ensure the agent startup account for 'fl-tpa-sql-XX' has rights to login as a target server (Error)
    • Checking to see if the startup account for 'fl-tpa-sql-XX' already exists.
    • SQL Server WMI provider is not available on fl-tpa-sql-XX. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlWmiManagement)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=12.0.2000.8+((SQL14_RTM).140220-1752)&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Invalid namespace (System.Management)
  • Enlist 'fl-tpa-sql-09' into 'fl-tpa-rpt-XX' (Success)
    • Enlisting target server 'fl-tpa-sql-XX' with master server 'fl-tpa-rpt-XX'.
    • Using new enlistment method.
    • Successfully enlisted server 'fl-tpa-sql-XX' with master server 'fl-tpa-rpt-XX'.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I have not set up multi-server administration with SQL FineBuild, and FineBuild does not claim to support this scenario. I may have some time on 15 Sep to look at this, but if not my time is fully booked until 7 October.

My best advice for now is to Google multi-server administration, particularly for SQL2014, and see if you can troubleshoot the problem. SQLServerCentral is also a good place to look for solutions. If you find an answer please let us all know.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I have tried setting up multi-server administation. I got to the point where the Wizard tries to enlist the various servers and needs to verify the SSL setup. Unfortunately I do not have the infrastructure to support SSL available in my domain.

Sorry, but at present I do not have the time to get SSL working. If you Google 'sql ssl step by step' there is a lot of advice available on this subject, but for now I cannot help you further.